STOW, OH - March 9, 2018 - Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels is set for a new season of Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) action. After an impressive 2017 season, which ended with a Pro Buggy championship for Darren Hardesty, Jr. and Pro 2 second place finish for Brian Deegan, Team M/T is ready to best last year's 21 total podium appearances as the 2018 season kicks off March 17 at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, California.
The 2018 LOORRS Team M/T includes:
- Brian Deegan-Deegan finished second overall in the Pro 2 class last year after finding himself on the podium five times, including two victories. He's also one of the most decorated athletes in the history of action sports and long-time team M/T member.
- Hailie Deegan-Hailie may be Deegan's daughter but she is already making a name for herself at age 16. Hailie finished sixth in Pro-Lite class last year, including three second place finishes.
- Darren Hardesty, Jr.-Hardesty, Jr., was the Pro Buggy champion in 2017 and earned a podium finish 11 times out of 13 tries last year.
- Trevor Briska-He earned a top-five finish last year in the Pro Buggy class. Briska seeks to rise up the points standings this year after getting one second place finish in 2017.
- Eric Barron-Barron, a rising star in the Pro 4 class, looks to improve upon the 2017 season that included one second place finish.
"We continued to be impressed by this talented cast of racers. The amount of work they put in is apparent by their 21 podium finishes in 2017," said Ken Warner, Vice President of Marketing for Mickey Thompson. "As a brand producing the most dependable performance off-road tires on the market today, you expect the best. Not only does Team M/T provide that expected performance on the dirt but in their professional approach each day. We are very excited for the 2018 season to begin!"
Pro 2 drivers Eric Jacobus and Adam Dafner are also receiving partial sponsorship from Mickey Thompson.
Team M/T will compete in exciting door-to-door action, supported on-site by Mickey Thompson techs, through 12 LOORRS rounds in 2018. Broadcast coverage will be provided by CBS and MAVTV.
To learn more about Team M/T drivers, go to http://mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires#sponsorships
For more information about the LOORRS series, visit www.LucasOilOffRoad.com.