Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels has launched a new, off-road use only tire designed to traverse even the most extreme terrain that today’s rock bouncing and mud bogging enthusiasts encounter. The Baja Pro X tire is on track to be the most aggressive off-road tire ever released by the company.
The Baja Pro X is for off-road use only, due in part to new design elements such as the sticky compound and innovative Treadbiter™ cleats which make the tire too aggressive for street use. The Baja Pro X model takes Mickey Thompson’s proven off-road tires to new heights with exclusive attributes and durability not found anywhere else. The tire is currently only available in size 43X14.50-17LT, with additional sizes planned in the future.
• Sticky compound provides the ultimate grip on hard surfaces.
• Pro-Tech Construction™ adds extra flexibility while maintaining durability.
• Dual Decoupling Grooves™ provide additional flexibility on irregular surfaces.
• Treadbiter™ cleats provide extra biting edges across the tread for added traction.
• Serrated tread-regions indicate where pattern can be hand cut to allow for additional mud and loose surface traction while maintaining lateral stability & grip
• Mud scoops supply added cleaning power.
• Massive Sidebiters® and angled shoulder scallops provide the ultimate traction and grip.
• Symmetric directional tread pattern provides excellent traction and cleaning power.
“We designed the Baja Pro X for extreme outdoor use: rock bouncing, mud bogging, deep mud, rock, snow, sand, dirt and gravel,” said Jason Moulton, Senior Product Development Manager for Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels. “After the Baja Pro X was named a runner up in the tire category of the 2018 SEMA New Product showcase and won a SEMA Global Media Award, we are more excited than ever to get the Baja Pro X out to our customers to test on the trail or mud bogs.”
Mickey Thompson was an innovator and product pioneer who developed the first 35-inch-tall truck tire for off-road use. He created “tread-on-the-sidewall” tires for traction and pulling power in extreme conditions. Today, Mickey Thompson’s off-road tires are developed and designed with uncompromising standards and deliver undisputed performance.