MICKEY THOMPSON® D.O.T. AND NON-D.O.T. DRAG RACING TIRES EXTENDED STORAGE OR WINTER STORAGE
STORAGE PROCEDURES AND TIPS
- Remove the tires from the car or jack the car up to remove the load.
- Drop air pressure to 5 pounds.
- Keep the tires away from direct light (sun or fluorescent). It is best to keep tires covered.
- Keep tires away from electric motors I.E. furnace, air compressor, etc. These create OZONE, which will damage the tire.
- Mickey Thompson suggests that you keep tires away from extreme high and low temperatures.
- Do not use any chemicals on the tires. To clean them use a mild detergent and water. Rinse well. Do not clean the tread surface.
By following these simple precautions you will get the best service from your tires. If you experience inconsistent 60′ & 330′ times the next season, it’s probably time to replace the tires.
This is Mickey Thompson DRAG / STREET Technical Bulletin #5